Wednesday, June 20, 2012

First *Official* Day of Summer

Hi!

Today it's officially summer. According to me, it doesn't have to officially be summer before it's summer. In other words, it seems like summer in April. And to kick of the season, it's pouring rain right now. How appropriate, right?!

Yesterday I had swim team. I have mixed feelings about swim team. Our coach enjoys torturing us with freestyle and flip turns. Oh, and let's not forget butterfly. We can't forget that. Butterfly is so amazingly hard - and that is an extreme understatement. So anyway, as I was saying, swim team was yesterday. It was not that hard (I mean, compared to the usual =). It was just me, my friend Kryn, and another girl (Alex). We talked a lot, trying to distract our coach so we wouldn't have to swim as much. We did a pretty amazing job, I have to say. He did make us do a bunch of push ups though. UGH. I think we did 21. That's 21 too many. And along with that we did more than 525 yards of freestyle (which isn't that much when you think about it). He always makes us do freestyle. If we could just do backstroke or maybe even some breaststroke, it would be better. It he would just mix it up a little...

And today I had band camp. I am learning the flute. Later today I have volleyball camp. Yes, I have a busy life. =)

Speaking of volleyball, I should probably be getting ready soon....

Here are some summery things for the first (official) day of summer. 

 GRR, IT CHOPPED OFF THE TOP PART OF THE PIC! Oh well.






Ok, I am really hating the font (on the photo below). =)



(I didn't take this pic; got it off of Word)

Have a great day and please follow my blog!!

xoxo,

   Emily <3




5 comments:

Kryn said...

Thankfully Zach never realizes he talks way more than we swim!

The Spicys said...

Isn't it on the 21?

Emily said...

He usually doesn't talk very much, but he did last Friday and Tuesday! And no, it was on the 20th.

Kristin said...

Wonderful blog post!

Emily said...

Thanks!