Friday, June 29, 2012

Easiest Day of Swim Team Ever

Yesterday was swimming. It was...interesting (but we won't talk about the weird stuff - for your sake). It actually wasn't that hard - I hope you aren't fainting that I'm saying that. But it actually wasn't (surprisingly). The weather was perfect for swimming - the air was hot (but it - amazingly - wasn't humid) and the water was cool. I got a swim cap because my hair is getting pretty bad, and it helped. A LOT.

The one thing that wasn't easy was the 250 yards of butterfly - just pulling (meaning we could only use our arms). I'm probably the only girl that finds the pulling better than the kicking. I stink at kicking. We had to do 20 intervals of 25 yards of freestyle. Every 25 yards, we had to do 5 wall-ups. It was just pulling, and I actually enjoyed it (probably because I wasn't going full-speed). I felt like I was really improving with when to breathe and such on that stroke.

We had to do a bunch of kicking, too. That part was no fun at all. I think we did 10 100-yard IMs - that's all of the strokes, 25 yards each per interval. I had thought I was pretty good at backstroke, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think I would have done better if I had been able to use my arms.



Have a great day, comment lots, and please follow my blog!

ps: my sweet friend Kryn posted a link to my blog on her blog, Garden of Happiness. Be sure to check her blog out!

2 comments:

Kryn said...

As Silas said, it was awkward!

Emily said...

Like we needed to be told that!